|Nevron Chart for SharePoint|
- Expressions Everywhere
Nearly all properties of the Chart web parts, can now be specified by expressions. Appearance styles (fill, stroke, shadow and text) are also reworked to support both constant specification and specification that is based on expressions. This allows you to bind nearly all configurable aspects of the web part to user defined parameters and/or data. Expressions are now available even in data source connections, which makes it possible to create dynamic data source binding, based on expressions and parameters.
- Controllable Visibility of Essential Chart elements
Chart Areas, Chart Values, Chart Titles now have controllable visibility. This new feature in combination with expressions can help you dynamically change the type of data visualization (for example flip between area and bar charts, dynamically show/hide titles etc.).
- Conditional Data Points Appearance
The filling and stroking of chart data points can now be specified with expressions. This allows you to quickly author complex "color coding" logic only with expressions.
- New Predefined Parameters
The set of predefined parameters has been increased to include the following:
Related to SharePoint User: [UserName], [UserLoginName], [UserId]. With the help of these parameters it is now possible to author audience sensitive expressions (i.e. evaluate to different values, based on who is viewing the web parts).
Related to Browser: [BrowserName], [BrowserMajorVersion], [BrowserMinorVersion], [BrowserScreenWidth], [BrowserScreenHeight]. With the help of these parameters it is now possible to author browser sensitive expressions (i.e. evaluate to different values, based on the current user browser).
- Ability to Consume SharePoint Field Filters as Parameters
SharePoint Field Filters can now be sent to the Chart webpart. Because SharePoint Field Filters are supported by nearly all filter webparts that come along with SharePoint (Text Filter, Date Filter, Query String Filter etc.), it is now possible to author complex dashboards, with user driven parameters entirely visually.
- Rendering Improvements
The overall speed of the entire rendering process has been improved. This is due to optimizations in webparts rendering engines, the webparts template models and the storage of temporary image data. Added was a new Image Acquisition Mode - Embedded (selected by default), that eliminates the need for temporary image data and an additional GET request in case the SharePoint page is viewed with modern browsers that support image embedding (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, IE 9 etc.). IE 8 has limited support for image embedding and such is not present in IE 7 and IE 6. For such old browsers, the webparts automatically falls back to HttpHandler mode.
- Configuration/Diagnostics Improvements
The Chart web parts now support full error and command logs, that can help you diagnose problems related to their runtime behavior. The config file has been extended to support session state and auto storage, that smartly chooses between session state, application state and SharePoint specific stores of webpart or web page based temporary data.
- New Data Source Connection - SharePoint Site Query
The Chart web parts can now connect to a new type of data source - SharePoint Site Query. This allows you to display aggregated data, that is extracted from multiple sites and/or lists.
- Panel Content Alignment
Panel content alignment allows you to align the content of horizontally or vertically adjacent chart, legend and title areas. This allows you to create better looking dashboards with multiple panels.
- Twin Charts
Twin charts allow you automatically align two adjacent charts areas.
- Radar Axis Improvements
Radar Axis Category labels have been improved to support different position, fit and alignment modes.
- Step Line Improvements
The Step Line has support for automatic data resampling. This allows for the visualization of very large datasets.
- Surface Improvements
The Triangulated Surface has an option to simplify the data set. This allows for the visualization of large XYZ data sets.
- Nevron Vision for SharePoint 2012 Vol. 1 fixed the following problems:
Problems Related to the IE Family of Browsers
This release fixes many problems related to the most problematic family of browsers - Internet Explorer. We have fixed the overflow problems with webpart preview, data source fields as well as with all editors that can possibly overflow in result to long data source field names. The web-colors picker now highlights the selected and the hovered colors.
- Parameters and drill down reports - this exciting new feature allows for the development of interactive dashboards and drill down reports. Parameters can be consumed from any expression, they can be passed as arguments to the newly added JumpToReport action. Parameters can also be directly integrated into any SharePoint page.
- SharePoint List and WebPartTable data sources connection - the Chart Web Part has the ability to connect to SharePoint List and WebPartTable data sources that reside in a StaticSite (fixed site), CurrentSite (dynamic site) and CurrentWeb (dynamic web). The site resolution mode allows you to develop web parts templates that can be directly deployed to production environments without the need to refactor the data source connection.
- WebParts Config File - the new Web Parts Config File provides the ability to globally (per site-server) configure some user interface elements visibility and some aspects of the web parts behavior through a configuration file. This allows you to fine tune the web parts to perform better and more reliably in the context of your SharePoint environment.
- Charts are now using deferred rendering - this allows for the instant showing of very complex SharePoint pages as the Nevron Chart Web Part will defer the data aggregation and rendering tasks in separate AJAX requests to the server. This allows for faster data processing that fully utilizes your server capabilities, as separate AJAX requests can be handled by different threads of your server. It also helps the user to actually see what is currently being processed, opposed to the immediate rendering mode in which the SharePoint page gets served to the client after all web parts have aggregated the data and rendered the respective visual representation.
- Automatic Refresh - the Chart Web Part can now be instructed to automatically refresh itself at the client side, at user specified intervals of time. This allows for the development of real time dashboards that automatically update themselves at the client side through AJAX, and eliminates the need for manual web page refresh.
- Web Part Designer - the Chart designer now show the current user, site and web and other info about the context of which they are performing the web part editing.
- Image Fill Style - a new Image Fill Style has been added to all Fill Style editors. This feature allows you to display image based textures on all chart elements that have an associated fill style.
- Connection to Custom Web Parts - provides the ability to connect the Chart web part to other web parts that implement the IWebPartTable interface. This allows you to develop custom web parts that surface any type of data, that cannot be accessed by the currently available data source connections.
- Performance Improvements - the Chart control document building and rendering has been completely revised. As a result you should see significant speed improvement.
- Non-Overlapping Data Labels - all charting types (Cartesian, Polar and Radar charts) now support automatic data label layout. The data label layout prevents labels from overlapping in both ordinal and scatter charts and works in 2D and 3D appearance modes.
- Const Lines and Const Ranges with texts - the Chart axes have been extended to support const lines with texts as well as const ranges.
- Axis Orientation - all Cartesian axes now support the axis orientation feature.
- XML formatted texts - the XML formatted texts feature is extended to support additional XML tags that allows you to specify the text background and border.
- Line and Point Charts data resampling - the Line and Point charting types support options for automatic data resampling. This allows for the visualization of very large datasets.
- Chart Legends Improvements - the legends have additional layout options - added are the Horizontal and Vertical wrap options that allow the legend to automatically wrap the items when the horizontal or vertical space allocated for it is exceeded.
- Chart Aspect in 2D - Chart areas have additional options that allow finer control over the chart aspect in 2D.
- Additional Features - the Area, Line, Pie, Error Bar, Step Line, Point and Surface charting types have additional features.
- New Chart Examples - several new Chart examples have been included with the new version.
- Additional Improvements:
- You no longer need to be the site administrator to visually browse the sites, webs, lists and views.
- The Web Parts are now using only FIPS (stands for "U.S. Government Federal Information Processing Standards") compliant cryptography algorithms. This allows for the safe deployment of Nevron Web Parts to FIPS enabled SharePoint servers.
- The Web Parts are no longer using state files – resolved permission/security issues and improves the web parts behavior in farm environments.
- Connecting to Excel Services has been fixed.
- The SPLIT function from the formula engine has been added.
|Version 2010 Vol.1|
Charts binding to Excel Services
Code Customization - the chart web part allow for users with development experience to inject custom C# or VB.NET code, which is compiled and executed at runtime. The code injection feature helps you utilize the wide range of additional customization options, which are exposed by the Nevron Chart for .NET API.
Actions can now be associated with the chart walls and axes.
New visual expression editor (Fx editor) that lets you author expressions visually and more quickly. The Fx editor is available at all places where an expression can be specified (grouping, filtering, sorting expressions, titles, labels, chart data values, gauge formulas etc.).
New statistical functions - MEDIAN, PERCENTILE, VARIANCE and STDDEV.
New type functions - TONUM, TODATETIME, TOBOOL.
- Visually the rendering Width/Height of the chart was clamped on specific non English servers (language dependent).
- Text editors are now implemented as text areas, thus allowing for texts with any markup to be used.
- The chart interference problem with other third party web parts has been fixed.
|Version 2009 Vol.2|
- General Features
- Support for WSS and MOSS
- Support for 32-bit and 64-bit systems
- Multiple Charting Areas
- Unlimited Number of Chart Series
- Complete set of 2D/3D Charting Types
- Advanced Axis Model
- Advanced Pivot Data Aggregation and Data Analysis
- The industry-leading set of XY / XYZ scatter and Surface charts
- Binding to ODBC, OLEDB, SQLServer data sources
- Binding to Business Data Catalog
- Chart Series
- Bar Charts, Horizontal and Vertical Bars
- Area Charts
- Smooth Area Charts
- Line Charts
- Smooth Line Charts
- Step Line Charts
- Pie Charts
- Point Charts
- Bubble Charts
- Float Bar Charts
- High Low Charts
- Stock Charts
- Funnel Charts
- Radar Charts
- Polar Charts
- Surface Charts
- Error Bar
- Box And Whiskers
- Three Line Break
- Point And Figure
- Combo Charts
- Chart Axes Features
- Chart Primary and Secondary X and Y Axes
- Chart Depth Axis
- Special Radar and Polar axes
- Numeric Scale
- Categorical Scale
- Advanced Axes positioning options
- Axis Title customization
- Control over the range displayed by the axis
- Axes gridlines customization
- Ticks appearance and position
- Axis Stripes
- Axis Sections
- Const Lines
- Scale Breaks
- Label Layout
- Label Formatting
- Advanced Features
- Advanced Pivot Charting - the pivot charting capabilities embedded in the product are only comparable to the ones provided by leading reporting tools. However none of these solutions provides this level of flexibility and ease of configuration inside SharePoint nor the advanced data visualization of Nevron.
- Speed - the fastest rendering chart inside SharePoint - in both 2D and 3D modes.
- 3D Charting - Nevron Chart for SharePoint has the best layout in 3D and the most advanced feature set in 3D - including: 11 predefined lighting modes, largest charting types set in 3D, biggest set of shapes in 3D (applicable to pies, bars, markers, areas etc.).
- 2D Charting - Nevron Chart for SharePoint is the only chart for SharePoint to provide Adobe Photoshop like image filter effects, which are applicable to all chart elements - these include bevel, emboss, lighting filters etc. When it comes to shadows it is the only chart for SharePoint which has soft shadows (based on Gaussian and Radial blur image filters).
- 2D/3D Consistency - Nevron Chart for SharePoint is consistent in 2D/3D modes. For example you can map gradients and patterns to elements in both 2D and 3D. Colors specified in 2D are inherited by materials in 3D. You can mix 2D and 3D chart areas in a single chart control.
- XY and XYZ scatters - the industry leading support for XY and XYZ scatters inside SharePoint.
- XML Formatted Texts - this feature is applicable to all elements which display text. It allows you to mix fonts, mix bold, italic underline formatting and many other advanced features like different fill styles, shadows, image filters etc. - all inside a single label, title etc. XML formatted texts use a format similar to HTML, but with many more advanced options.
- Additional Customization Properties
- Per Series (Values Data Groupings) Properties
- Data Groupings Editors
- Appearance Customizations