visually dividing a surface into sections?


Author
Message
Florian Splett
Florian Splett
Forum Newbie (0 reputation)Forum Newbie (0 reputation)Forum Newbie (0 reputation)Forum Newbie (0 reputation)Forum Newbie (0 reputation)Forum Newbie (0 reputation)Forum Newbie (0 reputation)Forum Newbie (0 reputation)Forum Newbie (0 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Posts: 2, Visits: 3
Hello.
I am currently testing Nevron charts and have a rather specific problem I need to solve in order to consider buying these components.

First I create a surface chart that continously receives data updates. This part should be no problem.
Now I would like this chart to be visually seperated into sections.

Example:
| A1 | A2 | A3 |
|--------------|
|  B1  |   B2  |


I will receive data that allows me to identify which data of the surface chart belongs to which section, so I only need to know how I could realise the display of sections including labels.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.


Reply
Nevron Support
Nevron Support
Supreme Being (4.5K reputation)Supreme Being (4.5K reputation)Supreme Being (4.5K reputation)Supreme Being (4.5K reputation)Supreme Being (4.5K reputation)Supreme Being (4.5K reputation)Supreme Being (4.5K reputation)Supreme Being (4.5K reputation)Supreme Being (4.5K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Posts: 3.1K, Visits: 4.3K
Hi Florian,

You can consider using a heat map chart in combination with 2D range bar (that you can use to create the labeled sections). For an example check out the following:
All Examples \ Chart Gallery \ Heat Map
All Examples \ Chart Gallery \ 2D Range Series

This is the case your surface data does not require triangulation - if it does you can still use the range series to create the rectangular sections with the labels, however you need to assign a y value which is greater than the maximum surface value (so that the surface appears below the ranges. In order to achieve interactivity on them you can assign a highly transparent white fill (say with alpha 1) so that the control still thinks the range is filled. Then you can use the HitTest method to obtain the clicked range index.
Hope this helps - let us know if you meet any problems or have any questions.


Best Regards,
Nevron Support Team


GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...



Merge into merge target...



Merge into a specific topic ID...





Similar Topics

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Messages
Mentions
Search