Profile Picture

Combination Chart with Trend Line, but Trend Line isn't consistent with the axis

Posted By William Tarry 8 Years Ago

Combination Chart with Trend Line, but Trend Line isn't consistent...

Author
Message
William Tarry
questionmark Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Newbie

Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Posts: 4, Visits: 1

I've successfully defined a horizontal stacked bar chart.

The stacked bars are successfully rendering the individual percentages in line with the Y-axis.

The Y-axis displays 0% through 100%.

I've added the summarized "trend" line, but it seems to be rendering at a completely different scale than do the stacked bars.

Example, Stacked Bar 1 has values 17.2% and 62.1% for a total of 79.3%.  These bars match the y_Axis perfectly.

The Trend line, which happens to be 79.3%, returns 79.3% in the label, but lies closer to 39% on the Y-axis.

I've attached the Template of the Chart for anyone who might have suggestions. 

I am unable to attach the Word Doc with the screen shot of the Trend Line not matching the y-Axis.

 

I've tried removing the Stacked Bars from the report, but the Trend Line still does not match the y-axis.

I've tried setting the Secondary y-axis settings, to no avail.

 

Anyone else run into this issue?



Attachments
William Tarry
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Newbie

Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Posts: 4, Visits: 1

Well, I found out what was causing the problem.

It was user error, in this case, My error.  My trend line was based on data that was incorrect, while the label was defined properly.  It looked wrong, but it was rendering properly.

I took out the Label calculation, and replaced it with the data calculation, and it showed were I was improperly calculating my trend line.

My pardon if I confused anyone with my issue!





Similar Topics


Reading This Topic